Wednesday 7 November 2012

Everyday face.


Myself looking moody as ever, I do apologise. This morning whilst getting ready to wander into town I decided to do an 'Everyday Face' post, what I wear make-up wise almost every day. Scroll down to see images of all the products then the lists of what they are.


Face; MAC Studio Fix Fluid £20.50, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Powder £21, Mac Powder Blush in Fluer Power £17.50, Rimmel Sun Shimmer Bronzer £3.99, Two Faced Candlelight Glow Highlighter £23.50, L'oreal Paris Studio Secrets Anti-Redness Primer £10.29. Champneys Foundation Brush £17.50, Royal Brush £3.

Eyes; Topshop Smokey eyes brush £7, MAC Eyebrows £12.50, Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner £7.99, Illamasqua Cream Eyeshadow in Stir £15, MAC Eyeshadow in Carbon £12, Collection 2000 Highlighter in Copacabana £2, Maybelline Falsies Intense Black Mascara £7.99, Royal Concealer Brush £2.

Lips; MAC Lipstick in Please Me.

It definitely shocks me when I take a step back to see what I actually use altogether, I was even more shocked to realise how much I actually spend, I knew it would be alot but once totalled, the products I use day to day comes to a hefty £183.76. Eeek! Considering I use a mixture of high-end/high-street products too. 

I'll give a brief insight into the products I use & why. I use an anti-redness primer to begin with, I find it really does get rid of any redness & gives a nice base to work on. MAC foundation purely because it is amazing, it lasts so long on the skin & in the bottle. It's a perfect match for my skin type, along with the Skinfinish powder which is packed full of minerales too, it keeps my skin matte without looking too cakey. I use a Rimmel bronzer along my cheekbones, down the sides of my nose and along my jawline. Its cheap & does the job, its a matte bronzer so it makes an excellent contour product. I then use the Two faced powder highlighter along the tops of my cheekbones, down my nose, cupids bow & chin. It gives such a nice healthy glow (review here). Finally I finish off with a light dusting of Fluer Power blusher on the apples of my cheeks, it's SUCH a strong pink so I can layer it up depending on the look I'm going for!

On my brows MACs Eyebrows is my fave although it doesn't last long at all in the tube, it's a twist up eyebrow pencil & it stays on all day/night. I wear the colour Spiked but I used to wear Strut. Maybellines gel liner is just soo good. Its not a bad price & it really does last. I'm not sure about the 24hrs that they claim but I wouldn't put it past it! It's such an easy application with the brush you get with it, one of my fave high street products. Macs Carbon is the perfect long-lasting matte black, I use the angled side of Topshops smokey eyes brush to apply it along my liner and use the smudge side to apply it under my eyes lightly. I use the Collection 2000 cream highlighter wherever I think needs it, under my brows or cupids bow. Same with the Illamasqua cream shadow, usually under my brows. Lastly I use Maybellines falsies mascara. I have been through so many different mascaras, almost all the high street brands, MAC, Benefit etc & for the price, you really can't beat this Mascara. For me it is just the bad boy of mascaras & after spending a fortune on high end brands I regret not just sticking with this!

Finally, my all time favourite MAC shade, Please Me. After trying all the matte pinks MAC has to offer, Snob & Pink Plaid are close seconds. Its a light-medium creamy matte pink. It's my staple 'go to' lipstick. It's so perfect for everyday wear, it doesn't shout pink, wears well & is perfect for my pale skin.

Hope you enjoyed my everyday (moody lookin') face! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment